RENNtech | C190 | AMG GT / S | Side Rocker Panels | Carbon FiberSKU: 88.190.AMG.GT.RPSS
RENNtech Pre-Preg Carbon Fiber Side Skirts/Rocker Panels for the C190 - AMG GT (S).
These proprietary carbon fiber side skirts were designed to complement the RENNtech front splitter and rear diffuser. This side skirt kit includes 2 high quality pre-preg carbon fiber pieces. These exceptionally unique and refined aerodynamic pieces complete the RENNtech AMG GT aero package by integrating flawlessly with the original lines of the vehicle while boosting the overall testosterone level of the sporty SLS.
RENNtechÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s side skirts feature an OEM level of quality; in addition to perfect fitment to the factory rocker panels and lower rear fascia. Furthermore, these components utilize factory mounting locations within the rocker panels and a few additional hard attachments are required underneath the rear fascia. Finishing of the carbon fiber parts comes in the form of a high gloss UV protectant coating. Matte finish is also available per special request and may require additional lead time.
These parts were designed and engineered in house by RENNtech and are fully functional components that feature unmistakably unique styling for the AMG GT.
These side skirts are designed to fit the C190 - AMG GT and GT S Model year 2015 and up. Modifications to the vehicle areÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â NOTÃƒâ€šÃ‚Â necessary, installs with 3M double-sided automotive tape (included).
- What exactly is prepreg carbon fiber?
- Prepreg is widely known as the finest process in carbon fiber manufacturing and has been used for aerospace and military applications because of its superior consistency in weight, thickness, fitment, resin, carbon layout, and overall quality.
- The pre-impregnated (prepreg) fiber method creates stiffer, stronger laminates with controllable, predictable results and the result is a consistent, tight fiber weave which not only looks amazing, but adds strength. Other companies use a lower cost, wet-layup method which results in components of inferior, strength, appearance and overall quality.
- To explain this process in short, the fiber is pre-impregnated (hence the name) with resin at a production facility, rolled on spools, and frozen to prevent the resin from curing prematurely. This material is than cut and hand laid into a mold to the proper thickness and cured at strictly controlled temperatures. This process creates a laminate with a precisely controlled resin volume and in turn is 20-30% stiffer and stronger than an equivalent thickness wet laminate process.
- This ensures our customers receive components which not only look good on the vehicle standing still, but wonÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢t crack, warp, fall off or fade when mounted to the exterior of their vehicle after six months or while driving at high speed